Austin Entertainment Ideas
Where are some good places to check out in Austin?
- Carrie Rodriguez @ Threadgills World Headquarters June 9 2011 , from 08:00 pm (12$) http://fyifly.com/austin/carrie-rodriguez
- First Thursday Market takes place along South Congress Avenue http://www.firstthursday.info/
- Congress Bridge Bats at 8pm http://www.austinbatsbridge.com/
- In Austin, definitely check out @jesterkingbeer - tasting room open Sat 1-4PM http://j.mp/mIsGKY
- My all time favorite bar in Austin is the draught house, although the flying saucer is right behind it
- Jester King! You'll love Black Metal.
- Austin Food: Ruby's (bbq, campus, guadalupe/29th) Guero's (tex-mex, south austin on congress) Mother's (veggie, hyde park on duval)
- Austin Beer: Crown & Anchor (food also, just north of campus on san jacinto), Draught House (fav beer selection, on medical * parkway)
- Austin Beer2: Gingerman (downtown, maybe best beer selection in aus http://j.mp/kOLuhW) Casino El Camino (on 6th http://j.mp/b0KWLM)
- worth mentioning that Crown & Anchor is where you want to go to drink outside in the daytime. http://flic.kr/p/8K6L9x enjoy!
- Austin Beer map from beermapping.com http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=austin
- Barton Springs Pool - it is hot here, y'all! Healing waters, authentic Austin experience, $3, open 5:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (except closed on Thursdays) http://tinyurl.com/4yew66f
- Sunday night 6/5 King Lear at the Vortex at 8p
- Hoover's Cooking on Manor Rd for "down home" cooking
- Book People for the indie bookstore experience on Lamar at 6th St.
- Waterloo Records is across the street from Book People
- Home Slice Pizza on South Congress
- Splurge at Fonda San Miguel for perfect interior Mexican food on Hancock Blvd
- For music check out Antone's and The Saxon Pub and 6th Street
- Pho Thaison on Guadalupe near UT, for some excellent Pho.
If you're here on Tuesday night, June 7, there will be an Austin Forum session at the AT&T Center that may be of interest, and there's a networking reception prior to the event that might also be of interest. The speaker will be Dan Reed, Corporate Vice President, Technology Policy and Strategy and eXtreme Computing Group, Microsoft, and his talk is called "Future Shock: What Does the Day After Tomorrow Look Like?"
If Mother Falcon is playing, go hear them!
- Kerbey Lane on Guadalupe, north of 26th...for breakfast, get the Paris Texas and add queso to the migas. Or just get the Migas and add queso, and sub the rice out for another side because the rice is not that great.
- Trudy's Tex Mex is on 30th St a block east of Guadalupe. Mexican martini and appetizers are good... They also have great midges and you can get them all day.
- Rudy's BBQ on Loop 360 (u need a car or cab for this). Gas station BBQ, order by the lb, and they will walk u thru it if u tell them it's your first time. Try the moist (i hate that word) brisket, sausage, and pork loon, and some ribs.
- Madam Mams Thai at Guadalupe and 26th (Dean Keeton). Try the F11 with chicken, or the P11 (Tom kha gai). Or anything with 4 peppers for crazy spicy. They are the real deal.
- Juan In A Million - at 2300 E Cesar Chavez (way in the ghetto)... Take a cab. Get the Don Juan breakfast taco or the chicken enchiladas with green sauce. Or the daily special. Or freaking anything.